Matter Deep cooked up the idea for an art catalog for this monumental show, I agreed to do the graphic design and voila!
Creating this catalog was really an amazing experience. It was the most graphic design I have ever done. Through the adrenaline (13 people were counting on me!), the joy of creating, and the I'll-never-be-an-artist-I-should-just-give-up-now moments (that look startlingly like The Plank Game on the floor next to my computer but with more sighing) the shear amount of learning I have done in the last few weeks is astonishing.
- to double, triple, and then quadruple check sizes requirements and bleed settings because my brain likes to play tricks on me (twice).
- about programs that I thought I knew inside and out.
- about organizing over a dozen simultaneous information sources.
- about effective communication as a human-being and through email.
- and that I'll-never-be-an-artist-I-should-just-give-up-now moments are always temporary because I am an artist, and it's not in me to give up.
I like lines, okay. Lines are cool.
There's lots more under the cut!